Happy Tuesday Everybody!
I have been meaning to make one of these cakes for a while now. What if I told you this cake was Gluten-free, refined sugar-free, dairy-free, grain-free and could easily be nut-free as well?? I think you would be totally impressed. Let’s get started!!
Here is what you’ll need:
– 1 watermelon
– 2 cans of coconut milk, refrigerated over night so that milk and cream separate
– 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
– 1 tsp tahitian vanilla extract
– fresh fruit for decorating
– 1 cup toasted almonds or for a NUT-FREE option –> toasted coconut
– cut both ends off of the watermelon so that it will stand upright and not roll off the table.
– cut off remainder of rind and put into fridge to keep chilled.
– open cans of coconut milk (mine contained 65% coconut and water) and drain out the milk and keep the thicker coconut cream
– add in sweeteners and vanilla and whip for 3-5 minutes, then place back into the fridge to cool for 3 hours.
You can actually prep this step before hand so you can ice the cake exactly when you need.
– coat the outside of the watermelon as if you are icing a cake.
So fun and easy, and wont weight you down like real cake!
Feed your soul,