February is Heart Health and Awareness Month!
I have decided to post a recipe that plays homage to the ol’ ticker! It is so important to treat our hearts with care throughout the year… and with this delicious waffle recipe, we can all rest assured that what we put into our bodies is good for the heart and the soul.
What’s in it:
* Banana – FIBER!
* Chia seeds – anti-inflammatory
* Almond Milk – Phytosterol: reduces blood cholesterol
* 100% Pure Maple Syrup – mineral rich
* Vanilla extract
* (Gluten-Free) Flour of choice
* Hemp seeds – Omega-3 Fatty Acids: boost immune system and reduce blood clots
* Fruits – Strawberries – Anti-oxidants protect against heart attacks
* Raspberry Chia Jam
** First off, plug in that waffle iron to get it nice and hot!
** Mash banana, chia seeds, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract together and then add in the dry ingredients. I will let you play with the ratios here, because some people like thick waffles and some like thin… EXPERIMENT! You’ll do great 😉
** To garnish, add some hemp seeds on top with Raspberry Chia Jam and fresh cut strawberries.
This healthy recipe will keep your heart happy as it boasts so many heart loving benefits.
Feed your soul,