I have officially brought out the winter jacket.
I may look like a big puffy sleeping bag, but man, am I ever warm and toasty!!
Speaking of warm and toasty, this soup hits all the right marks when talkin’ soup.
Creamy – Smooth – Healthy – Tasty – Comforting – Aromatic… and the list goes on 🙂
Again, this guy is simple and yummy and can be made in under 30 minutes.
Just how we like it!
Here’s what I used to create this masterpiece:
* 1 med white/yellow onion – finely chopped
* 1 small carrot – finely chopped
* 1 large leek – sliced thin
* 2 med red potatoes – chopped into small cubes or grate them so they cook faster!
* 1-2 cups unsweetened almond milk
* 2-3 cups water
* 1tbsp grapeseed oil
* 1tbsp coconut oil
* 1 cube of veg bouillon – organic & MSG-FREE
* few grinds of the pepper mill
* 1 fresh sage leaf
* 1/2 tsp fresh ground nutmeg – always adds such a nice mysterious flavour when incorporated into creamy soups/sauces!
* 1 cup finely chopped kale
* 2 green onions – sliced
** In a med/large pot on med heat, add oils and sauté yellow onion, carrots, leeks, and potatoes all at once. You want the onions to become translucent. The potatoes will brown a bit but will need to boil in the water etc to fully cook. Be patient 🙂
** Next, add the water so it sizzles in the pot and the yummy, slightly browned bits on the bottom are taken up into the liquid. This ensures the flavours transfer into the soup base! YUM! Add in the bouillon cube, almond milk, nutmeg, sage and pepper.
** Turn the dial down to low-medium heat and let it simmer for about 20 minutes.
** Take out the sage leaf, take immersion blender/magic bullet or regular blender and blend soup until smooth. BE CAREFUL not to burn yourself with flying soup at this point ;).
** Once all ingredients are incorporated, add in the kale and green onion for a little bit of added flavour, nutrients, and texture!
** Simmer for another 5 mins, and you’re set!
NOW, SLURP AWAY!!
Are you with me, Friends?!
Feed your souls,