Picture this – Garam masala, curry spices, chili powder, squash, beans, potato, kale, tomatoes, cauliflower and carrots.
YES. This IS real life, and that bowl of stew up there is absolutely DIVINE!
This one-pot-wonder cured my case of the ‘chillies’ as it was a damp and cold day up here in the Northern Hemisphere.
I’ll get to the point…
* 2 giant handfuls of kale – chopped
* 3/4 can stewed tomatoes (no salt added)
* 1 cube organic/no msg veggie bouillion cube
* 3/4 cup ea. squash and potato
* 1 cup bean of choice
* 1 cup chopped cauliflower
* 1 large stalk of celery finely chopped
* 1 med white onion finely chopped
* 3 black cardamom pods (if you cannot find, you can omit this… otherwise remember to remove before eating stew!)
* 1 clove garlic
* 1 tsp coconut oil
* 1 tsp ground pepper
* 1 tbsp. ea. curry, garam masala and chili powders
* 2 cups water
** In a med sized pot, add coconut oil, garlic, onion, celery, and spices together and let sauté for 5 minutes on medium heat, or until onion/celery are translucent.
** Now, add in water, bouillion cube and make sure all is combined.
** Add in the rest of the ingredients, bring to a boil, and then let simmer for about 1 hour on low.
And there we have it! A yummy and nutritionally rich stew that you can enjoy any time of year, especially during the cold cold winter months!
Now, go find someone to share this with 🙂
Feed your soul,