This is my DELICOUS version of Lemongrass Beef stir-fry that you may often see at an Asian restaurant.
I like to use Eggplant as a meat substitute because it has great texture and soaks up yummy meaty flavours in no time. Another substitute that I enjoy are mushrooms, especially Portobello mushrooms – they have a meaty flavour and can be used in soups, as a beef patty in a burger, can be sliced, grilled, sautéed and stuffed! The possibilities are endless 🙂
Here’s how I prepared the Spicy Lemongrass Stir-fry:
* 1 small potato – diced into small cubes
* half a medium sized Eggplant – sliced finely
* 1 carrot julienned or chopped
* 1 cup roughly chopped broccoli florets
* 2 inch piece of lemongrass
* 2 tbsp. Coconut Aminos – or Soy Sauce
* 1/4 cup water
* 1 tsp honey, maple syrup or coconut palm sugar
* 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
* 1 clove garlic minced
* 1 green onion – finely chopped
* black pepper
* pinch chili flakes
* 1 tsp coconut oil
This recipe could not be any easier!
** in one pan on MED heat, put in all of the ingredients EXCEPT the potatoes and place a lid over pan to STEAM veggies. Approx 15 minutes.
** in the other pan, put a little bit of coconut oil and the potatoes so they can sauté and crisp up a bit! Sprinkle with black pepper for a bit of flavouring.
Once you can smell the lemongrass, you’ve got something tasty!
Healthy, yummy and full of flavour!
Feed your soul,