Last weekend, I made these delicious, healthy and yes, VEGAN cold rolls for one of my adorable little nephew’s birthday. We’re all trying to be a bit more health conscious on this end, so Fresh Cold Rolls, white bean dips and veggie trays were most definitely on the menu!
The best part – everyone gobbled everything up!
The peanut sauce was a hit, not to sweet, not too sour, just the right amount of YUM!
Here’s what I put in it:
* 3 heaping tbsp. natural peanut butter
* 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
* 2 tbsp. soy sauce
* 1 tbsp. maple syrup
* few drops of sesame oil
* 1/4 cup water (approx.) – try adding a little bit at a time, to your liking
* 2 tbsp. vinegar
* 1 small chopped green onion
** Heat all of the ingredients in a pot until combined, and you’re SET!
What could you put into the cold rolls?
* vermicelli noodles – green/red/yellow/orange peppers – cucumber – mint – basil – parsley – cilantro – lettuce – kale – bean sprouts – carrots – zucchini – bamboo shoots – eggplant – tofu – tempeh – And the list could go on and ON!
TIP: double up on the rice paper wraps so the rolls stay together better after you cut them up!
Cold rolls are an excellent snack or meal that is healthy, gluten-free and surprisingly filling too!
Experiment with these little goodies, and have fun in the kitchen!
Feed your soul,