I could have seriously chugged this thing.
But I opted to drink it slowly and enjoy its delicious fall flavours and aromatics.
Yes, it is THAT good! I felt like I was cheating on my little healthy diet here, but oh-so-happy that I was not. It is great to find satisfying and healthy alternatives to those insulin spiking drinks that you may have previously sought out after exercising as a little pick me up.
Search no further.
I introduce to you the Healthy Protein Packed Pumpkin Spice Smoothie that tastes and smells like mama’s homemade pumpkin pie.
Here are the deets:
* 1/2 cup pure pumpkin puree
* 1banana (very ripe = extra sweet = natural sugars)
* 1 tsp maple syrup (I omitted this b/c my banana was really ripe!)
* 1 scoop of hemp protein powder (mine is 10g protein/scoop)
* 3/4 cup coconut milk (or milk of choice)
* 1/2 tsp ginger
* 1 tsp cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
* Sprinkling of nutmeg
** Blend these babies together and you have yourselves a tasty smoothie reminiscent of pumpkin pie. No forks needed!! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG!
Feed your soul,